Friday Pass to Outlander Day at Whippoorwill Academy & Village
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
REGISTRATION FOR 2018 IS CLOSED!
Whippoorwill Village is a collection of 18th & 19th century buildings and cabins which have been saved, moved and restored. The Whippoorwill Academy building was the old school house in the Ferguson community. Cabins and buildings include, but are not limited to, The Daniel Boone Cabin, The Smokehouse, The Blacksmith Shop & Weaving Room, The Yadkin Valley Jail, The Tom Dooley Museum, The Wash Building, The Daniel Boone Hunting Lodge, The Chapel of Peace, The Visitor Center and the Pickin’ Porch.
The Village will be open specifically for A Fraser’s Ridge Homecoming.
*9:00 AM until 2:00 PM*
ADVANCE TICKET PURCHASES ONLY
$49 PLUS TAX
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
- Admission to Whippoorwill Academy & Village
- Candlelighting Ceremony & Calling of the Clans (if you know your clan; otherwise, we will all be Frasers)
- Docent-guided tours of original 18th and 19th century cabins and buildings, including the Daniel Boone hunting lodge.
- Outlander Art Exhibit with original painting, pottery and more by local artists which will be for sale
- Go to class at the early 20th century schoolhouse where you will learn about two NC legends, The Blowing Rock and The Brown Mountain Lights
- Visit the Tom Dooley Museum where you will hear the sad & mysterious story of real-life local legend Tom Dooley plus become acquainted with The Battle of King’s Mountain and the Overmountain Men
- Hear a Scottish frontier preacher at The Chapel of Peace
- Local Musicians performing on The Pickin’ Porch
- Shopping at Matt’s General Store with local homemade soaps, jams, jellies, honey and more for sale
- Whiskey tastings
- Scottish Games
- Living History interpretations and demonstrations including Appalachian Toy Maker, Blacksmith, Weaver, 18th Century Cooking Demonstration, Fiddle Making, Storytelling, Basket Weaving and an Herbalist, just to name a few
- 18th century lunch prepared and served on the grounds